The University of Tennessee's policies apply to all campuses and institutes and provide university employees guidance to:
- ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- maintain adequate internal controls to safeguard the university's assets
- provide consistent management of resources transactions across the system
- understand the university's expectations for conducting university business and communicate these expectations to others as needed.
Newest Policies / Recently Updated
HR0345 (Group Insurance) was removed, effective Jan. 24, 2017. Please refer to the payroll and human resources websites for accurate and up-to-date information on employee insurance benefits.
BT0012 – Policy on Settlement of Claims and Litigation (Effective October 14, 2016)
Establishes specific requirements for approval and oversight of the settlement of claims and litigation.
HR0280 – Sexual Harassment & Other Discriminatory Harassment (Effective November 29, 2016)
The University explicitly opposes the harassment of its employees.
HR0220 – Equal Employment Opportunity (Effective November 29, 2016)
It is the policy of the University of Tennessee not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment.
BT0010 – Policy On Misconduct in Research and Service (Effective Sept. 15, 2016)
Supersedes the previous Board policy on research misconduct from 2005.
FI0115 – Reconciling and Reviewing Departmental Ledgers (Effective September 1, 2016)
SA0875 – Firearms (Effective July 1, 2016)
Establishes rules for employees for possessing and carrying firearms on University property.
- FI0705 – Travel (42865)
- IT0110 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources (41336)
- FI0530 – Procurement Cards (27615)
- HR0305 – Annual Leave (Vacation) (22361)
- HR0330 – Educational Assistance (Fee Waiver) (19945)
- HR0525 – Disciplinary Action (18936)
- FI0125 – Conflict of Interests (18795)
- HR0397 – Worker’s Compensation (18421)
- FI0725 – Use of University Vehicles (17428)
- HR0580 – Code of Conduct (16384)